Urgent Care vs. Retail Clinic Comparison
Same-Day Urgent Care
Many healthcare patients may have started to see walk-in clinics sprouting up in retail locations like grocery stores and pharmacies.
These clinics, commonly referred to as “retail clinics,” serve to provide very minimal but fast healthcare services. It is important to understand that these clinics usually don’t have the capacity to provide high-quality intermediary care for ailments or injuries between mild need and high-need medical attention. When patients confuse retail clinics with urgent care centers they may not get the care they need or expected.
At AFC Urgent Care Perth Amboy, we provide high-quality healthcare services that are designed to fit your schedule. Unlike a retail, our urgent care center is staffed with board-certified provider to provide healthcare services that are available in the ER but in a more accessible medical setting. The major differences between an urgent care center and a retail clinic include:
AFC Urgent Care Perth Amboy Features:
- Board-certified providers and trained staff with multiple points of service.
- X-ray available to diagnose sudden bruises and bone injuries.
- Treatment available for lacerations, cuts, and moderate injuries just outside of emergency room need.
- Offers COVID-19 testing and same-day rapid testing for patients that need to fly or visit family.
- Patients can check-in online, call ahead for an appointment, or walk-in during normal hours
- In person visit only
- Usually no licensed provider available
- Limits on preventive care
- Limits on injury treatment
Patients in Woodbridge, Carteret, and Edison NJ can visit AFC Urgent Care Perth Amboy for fast and high-quality care whenever they need. Just book online or call today!